Saturday, February 17, 2007

Letters-MSO


Letters-MSO
Originally uploaded by mandaroo63.
This was obviously not taken in the garden, but was taken while we visited yesterday. Violet is going to participate in an International day with her Brownies, and will be representing England, home to my mom, her mom and family, and birthplace of myself. So my mom went through her wooden chest, that my dad had made, and pulled out all kinds of interesting pieces of family history. My dad was stationed in England during Vietnam war, and met my mom there. He brought her home to America, leaving behind her 7 brothers and sisters as well as her mom. They kept in touch through letters. It was always exciting, and still is, to see a postmark from England and the By Air Mail stamp on letters. See more letter themes at MamaSaysOm.

No comments: